Under the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana, the government provides a subsidy of Rs 2.67 lakh for those who want a home. The scheme was launched in 2015. This subsidy is given by the government for those who dream of owning a home. An expensive loan and then the interest on it removes anyone from building their own house. The government claims that the scheme is benefiting millions of people.
This is how the application can be done
Often people have a question in their mind, how to apply for this scheme? Who has to go and apply? According to the Ministry of Housing and Urban Development, you can apply by filling out a form. This form has two pages. In which you have to fill in different information. The age of the scheme applicant can be from 21 to 55 years.
Aadhaar number has to be given
On the first page the applicant has to give the information of Aadhaar number. After verifying the support you have to fill one more page. In which the applicant has to fill in his information in detail. State of the house, name of the main member of the family, current address and other such information have to be recorded. The application has to be done by going to the home loan institution. E.g., bank or co-operative bank etc.,
This way you can check if you have applied
- First go to rhreporting.nic.in/Benificiary.aspx website
- If there is a registration number, enter it and click, after which the details will appear.
- If you do not have a registration number, click on ‘Advanced Search’.
- Fill out the form that follows
- Then click on the search option
- If your name appears in the PMAY-G list, all relevant details will appear.